My Bollywood-ish Sunday :)


Sunday - One bloody day to chill after 6 blood sucking working days. I start work at 7 am & I am not at all a morning person and when it comes to Sundays, there are times I regret sleeping till late. Reason? I waste my Sunday doing so. The moment I wake up on Sunday, I feel like one of those movie characters who went of to sleep, had a big, long dream for 3 hours and in the end we realize it was all a dream. It takes me sometime to accept & digest that yes, it's my weekly off and yes,yes I was sleeping until my sleep quota was done. 

For someone who cannot have the ass stuck at one place for long, for someone who wants to be here and there at the same time, for someone who wants to know why & what does that little quaint,creepy looking shop sell - I just cannot accept the fact that with 6 long working days, comes along 6 days of self-imprisonment (cmon I am married, I have responsibilities :P) So basically Sunday is just the day for me to do what I want. And that's where the problem lies. There is so much in my head, and by the time my week ends, I am drained and I just cannot think of what to do. There are times when its okay if I just do not do anything and lazing-grazing & there are times when I really, really want it to be one mad killer Sunday.

So there came along this Sunday - right after the release of Ek Thi Daayan, which I was very interested in for 2 reasons.1. Vishal Bhardwaj 2. I wanted to see it :D It was planned on a saturday but plans are meant for modification. We took a 24 hour leap and moved it to Sunday when again, I neatly woke up at 10 am, had a monster glass of coffee with the usual "juggling channels" habit on the TV.  And then began the Sunday - with the maid coming in, the weekly clean-ups and the "what do you want to eat" question. I went ahead to make the dal (mentioned in the prev post), since I am obviously very much in love with this new-found recipe. Although Mr. S had instructed not to make much but its food. It's never enough. We ate, and we ate enough to start snoring right after washing our hands :)

And just to avoid sleep and laziness, we thought of going for a spin, movie and some dine-in somewhere. God bless western disturbances, the clouds came together for a colorful 
fire-show in the sky. I was absolutely distracted by the clouds changing shapes & colors. Tracing & chasing the sun was what we did that evening and then directly hit Sunset Drive-In for the movie.

Now, here I knew I was not going to last long. Not me, Mr. S to be precise. The big man that he is, not many (until now) know that he cannot hear,feel or watch a horror movie. So, there came the dramatic scene where Konkona Sen Sharma goes all crazy with her daayan avatar in a very inquisitive & well shot scene. Obviously, we had to leave & we did.

To make up for the rest of the evening and some hours to go for Monday, we hop,skipped & jumped to Ikobo sizzlers. We were too bored to eat the usual butter chicken or the biryani which we usually call in. It was a Sunday so obviously the place was like a man cage where the humans were chirping away to glory. We wanted to get out of the place ASAP but at the same time also wanted to have one quick look at our individual sizzlers before it fell apart. I settled for a sizzler with baked beans & chilly while Mr. S very predictably ordered chicken with butter garlic sauce.


      If in Ahmedabad I was to recommend sizzlers, I'd go for Upper Crust & then comes this place. I wonder if they use some drug in their brown sauce but whatever it was, it was maddening plus intoxicating. In all that Sunday rush, we had a nice corner table for us to enjoy the meal and we could faintly listen to Mr. Lobo's "I'd love you to want me".

    It later struck to me that unknowingly, I had spent my Sunday the Bollywood way. A long drive, then a movie, (was more like some short film,which did not end well) & then the half kg sizzler going down my stomach (BURRRRP)

   Its fun to let things flow, and then see how they actually fall into place to make us realize that what we want is always around us,we just need our compasses :)

Comments

Popular Posts