Time travel is possible :)

We all have had those days where late night outings and random halts at any gods-knows-where spots were a part of our lives ! But as they say, "jaane kahaan gaye wo din" flashbacks keep haunting sometime or the other !

Getting married is surely one great great experience for me, so far that is ;) but then we cant stop the clock ticking, can we? The midnight drive around with friends, using a 5-star hotel just to take a leak, harassing people on the road, sitting on the window, hood of the car was one crazy experience and an ever-lasting memory of,course. But then the "sabzi laao" , "khaana banaao", "kaamwali ka wait karo" thingy doesn't really let all those crazy things happen to you.

But getting hitched with the "your kinda guy" has its own perks. Be it watching a movie at home or Drive-in , be it a last minute planned long drive, be it a last minute short-trip or a be it staying up all night and checking in at a hotel for late night dinner.. It is just so elating ! 

So, coming back to the time travel thingy, it so happened that after a long day's work for Mr. S and a drowsy day for me (was on medications), it was just another evening for us UNTIL we magically thought of the same thing at the same time ! It was just an eye-contact and we both knew what we had to do. Movie marathon, an in-house party for the both of us and then a late night dinner where we decided not to boringly hog on the usual biryanis and the pau-bhaji pulaos :) 

Cut-to the mid-night dinner :) Am not going to disclose what happened before that (#pati-patni business) 4 am in the morning is a time when only those biggy hotels serve you food and that is something I hate - I'd enjoy a laari meal rather then checking into a hotel - but that day the mood was set and so were we :) Plus the hotel had some Thai food festival going on and the ambiance was just so comfortable with red and white lamps around us.

I was a little apprehensive to order because of my 5-star hotel food mind-block but then the 4 am time called for some soft boiled pasta, smeared with the oregano loaded pasta sauce. Mr. S, as usual, had to stuff in meat with his meaty issues going on anyways. So we settled for Pasta Arrabiata and Spaghetti Bolognese. Fancy names but then am sure its the same sauce going in anyways. I always differentiate them by the red-sauce and the white-sauce tags.

Waiting for not an issue that day, we were surprised too, but then who would mind if the entire lobby has nobody but you with those lamps and some good music played at the softest volume possible.

So what do we do ? Exploit the new Samsung phone's camera :)


We went on a clicking spree :) and then instagraming it :)  Mr.S is not the "let's click pics" type person and I obviously am just the opposite.I don't know if there was some stardust blowing around us but we were just so up and fresh and looking forward to everything that came our way.

So, the clickathon went on and then suddenly there was this saucy aroma all around ~ when it comes to food, I totally can get into every granule of it. The hi-fi midnight cafe that it was, food was in ample quantity with a fancy garlic-bread. But who cares ? It was food and it was Ooh la la ! :) 


I am done with the spaghetti phase in my life so I din't pay much attention to it :p but my pasta was just mmmmm, given the time I was having it at. 
 
Aaaaaaah ~ and there it came, served in some fine china bowl with the herb smell ordering me to slaughter it with my fork. That is the arrabiata on the top and the bolognese below it. 

Mr. S had his spaghetti which I was hardly interested in, believing that it had the same tomato sauce base. I was far more busy with my pazzzztaaaa with all that sauce loaded and dumped on it. And then came that moment which I hate.

The moment you are half-way there, digging and drilling and making your way to the bottom, you start facing the ceiling, with all that food gone up your head ! Blame the time we were hogging at or the weight of that exotic orgasmic food, we gave up saying, "boss meraa ho gaya" ( I AM DONE ) ~ but STILL, the fork still kept rotating in that bowl with the "shall I, shall I not" quest going on in our heads ! 

We still hogged. The check was called for, the money was given, we were waiting for the change and in the meantime, we were still licking the pasta sauce away ! 

All the madness and aftermath , made me believe in time-travel! :) Those memories were re-lived, the madness was long-lasting and the vibe was just right.Time travel is possible with the little "conditions applied" aster-ix. 




Comments

Popular Posts